Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Guest Posting at Tatertots and Jello and My Recovery

I am guest posting at Tatertots and Jello today!


This turned out to be one of my favorite projects. It was so fun to work on and I am excited to wear this for the upcoming season.
Head over to see the complete tutorial and I would love to hear what you think! :)

By the way, I want to thank all who left kind comments and well wishes. It was so nice to hear from Mr. TRH about them and I felt so lucky to have you all as my blogging friends. :)

Note: If you want to know what's been going on with my life since last Thursday please keep reading, but if you have a weak stomach maybe you shouldn't...

What happened was I had an angiogram last Thursday afternoon. It was a procedure that my new doctor (my previous doctor moved to a different state :( ) wanted to have done before my usual procedure for my leg to know better what is going on.

It was supposed to be about an hour procedure, a couple hours to recover from sedation and go home happy (if you must know... I have several projects that I wanted to start on Friday. I thought I would be up and about as usual the next day). Well, I woke up and I didn't feel good. On the way home I started throwing up badly, and half way home I noticed that I was bleeding from the puncture area where the angiogram was performed... Hello, isn't that major artery?! We had to drop the kids back off at my in-laws again, and returned to the emergency room. When we came home, it was about 4:30am...

Since then the bleeding has slowed down and it is more of an oozing wound but it has been 6 days! I have been really taking it easy.

The first couple of days I slept all day long.

The third and fourth day I read all day. A Couple books from my stash by my bed. Since I hardly ever get a large chunk of time for reading which was really nice.

Then by the fifth and sixth days I AM REALLY REALLY starting to get board! Usually when I am going to get a procedure, I always prepare projects that I can work on in my bed, even laying down. I just love keeping myself busy. For example, small appliqué blocks, hexagon pieces to stitch together, making bunch of yo-yo's and flowers etc... I guess I was under prepared this time.

There are things need to be done, and I want to work on, but I guess they have to wait.

I am grateful for my supportive husband who helped me with my blog while I am down. I am blessed with my sweet friends who brought nice dinners and such too... thank you guys!!

Also, I am so glad that the couple tutorials I promised to other blogs were done before the procedure. I am actually not well enough to sew, take pictures and write tutorials yet.
I am going to take a break from the link party this week as well, but hopefully I will be well enough next week. :)

Thank you for reading my "happenings" as of late. I will talk to you soon. :)

Sachiko

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...