Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Link Party No.50! / Update ...Well, Mostly on My Thoughts


I was at a park sometime in last week. Michael gave me this white flower he found on the ground. I was sitting right next to a pretty carpet of yellow flowers; I had to get a picture of both. Aren't they so beautiful? I am not exactly sure the name of the white flower, but I am pretty sure it is type of cherry blossom.

In Japan, it is almost time for "Hanami". Hanami is basically "flower viewing", it is one of the Japanese traditional customs of enjoying the beauty of flowers, especially cherry blossoms. The history of Hanami is more than a thousand years old, and is still very popular in Japan today.

I have many memories of Hanami. I remember one of the field trip in elementary school was Hanami. Another time, my mother packed a special Bento-box and took us to a river-side where so many cherry blossom trees were lined up, and the flowers were in full bloom. Every time the wind blew, some of the flower peddles would leave the branches and would float in the air... it was such a beautiful sight, I will never forget it.

After I got my drivers license, my friends and I went hanami together. It was more partying and chatting than admiring the beauty of flowers but it was one of the fond memories with my friends...

My heart goes out for people in Japan who are affected by earthquakes, the tsunami and radiation. I wonder if the beauty of flowers will still bring joy to some of the people in Japan when they are in such turmoil in despair.

Many people asked me how my family is doing, how people I know are doing. I am very grateful for your concern and kind words. All I can say is they are ok so far. They are trying to live a normal life and keep moving forward. Being so far away, the only thing I can do is to send them packages and call them often. My husband and I offered them to come here and stay with us, but they didn't sound too keen about leaving Japan.
We will see what will happen in next few months...

In the meantime, I am also trying to live a normal life and keep moving (well, maybe not necessarily "forward" but moving). Eating some of the food my family or friends will like remind me of them. Doing something fun with my family make me think about them how they are doing. Looking at beautiful flowers reminds me of some of the memories growing up... How ironic that people in one part of the world are living in the chaos. And someone like me in another part of world is sitting and enjoying the beauty of flowers and time with family.

I just hope people who are missing will be found and reunited with their loved ones. And somehow, those survivors will find a way to cope with the sadness and have the will to live.

Those of you, who read this long post, thank you! I just needed to hash out what I was feeling. Not much of an update, but this is where I am right now just in case you were wondering. You guys have been good listeners (well I mean readers)...really, thank you. :)

Ok, it is time ever body, time for the link party! Can you believe that it is link party No. 50!? I have been doing this for that long? I wonder if I can shoot for 100.

You know the rules, go ahead link up your projects; I can't wait to see them.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...