Monday, September 27, 2010

What I Made From a Scarf


I was working on a project last week, which was to use a 42" x 61" scarf to make something. Lots of ideas flooded my mind, and I finally decided to make an outfit for Rachel.

At first I wanted to make a dress, than I thought, instead of making a dress, if I make a blouse and skirt, that will widen the variety of her outfits. And, she can still wear them together to make it look like she is wearing a dress.

I came up with a pattern for the tiered skirt. I had a pattern by “New Look(6882)” and really liked the design, I changed a few things here and there and made the top.

I also made a belt for when she wears them as a dress. I wanted to make the skirt a little bit longer, but I only had 42"X 61" (it was little bit challenging yet fun!). I had no wiggle room.

She can wear this for three seasons; Spring, summer and fall. Depending on what she coordinates with, there are so many ways to enjoy this outfit (Not that Rachel would care that much, yeah, it is mostly for me to have fun).

Here are some combinations that I came up with using stuff that Rachel already has...


Isn't it fun? Rachel loved her new dress and we had a fun time taking pictures. :)

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...